Now that the weather is cooling off, it’s time to put Houston’s best parks and green spaces to good use. Whether you want to have a romantic outdoor picnic, go for a jog with friends, walk your dog, or just take in the fresh air, you have plenty of nearby options when you live at our Galleria apartments.
We’ve already shared our love for Memorial Park and all the fun things there are to do there. Our Galleria apartments are only 3.4-miles away from Memorial Park, which our residents love and cite as one of their favorite things about living at 1900 Yorktown. Memorial Park is known as “the largest urban park in Texas,” and there is always something going on there.
In the same area and part of the same development are the brand-new Clay Family Eastern Glades, which is “the first major project of the 2015 Memorial Park Master Plan and the associated Ten-Year Plan. The project reclaims and restores 100 acres of largely inaccessible and ecologically distressed parkland, according to a press release,” according to a recent Culture Map article.
The Eastern Glades are just north of Memorial Drive between Memorial Park Golf Course and Crestwood Drive, which can be accessed via a nearby parking lot, which also includes bike racks if you prefer to visit on two wheels. We think that sounds like a great way to spend a Houston afternoon now that it has cooled off a bit.
Check out some of the park’s highlights, according to their website:
- 100 acres of open space for relaxation, reflection, and rejuvenation
- 5.5-acre Hines Lake and wetlands with beautiful sunset views
- 3 pavilions and 4 picnic areas
- 2.5 miles of new trails explore, including boardwalks along the Lake and Wetlands
- 5.5-acre Central Lawn for passive recreation such as strolling, picnicking, and relaxing
- Oval Promenade encircling the grassy Central Lawn
- Live Oak Court for future concessions and events
- Additional parking, dark sky lighting, water fountains for people and pups, benches, and bike racks
We love our Galleria apartments and our bustling neighborhood, which is never lacking in good food, happy hours, entertainment, and certainly not some of Houston’s best parks (see above).
We invite you to visit our Galleria apartments and take advantage of our amazing end-of-summer leasing specials before they’re gone. Call us at 713.627.1000 with any questions on pricing and availability, and you can even take our online Galleria apartments virtual tour on your own.