We know by now you might be going stir crazy, so we thought this was a great time to re-introduce our Galleria apartments blog with tips of things to see and do in the Galleria area – or for now, inside your beautiful Galleria apartment.
Our Galleria apartments offer spacious floor plans, which come in handy during times like these where you are quarantined to your home. With all that space means at-home workouts, but don’t worry if you don’t know where to start.
Here are 12 FREE online workouts and resources you can start doing today:
- Fitness Evolved. (@pvolve): Free Instagram Live Classes all week
- Instagram – there is a ton of great FREE workouts available on Instagram. Start by searching #athomeworkouts
- Black Swan Yoga Houston (@blackswanyogahouston): Free classes all week on Instagram
- Empower (HIIT & Yoga): Free classes on Instagram
- Nike Training Club – a FREE app that you can download and pick your workouts. You can select muscle groups, time (i.e. if you only have 15-minutes) and even select “no equipment” workouts if you want to use bodyweight.
- Kayla Itsines: FREE workout videos of varying times and focused muscle groups on her YouTube channel.
- Barry's (@barrys): offering 2 complimentary Instagram Live workouts every day
- POPSUGAR Fitness: Free at home workout YouTube videos
- Blogilates: Free at home workout YouTube videos
- Modo Yoga NYC (@modoyoganyc): Instagram Live Classes
- YouTube is also an excellent source for workouts. You can type in “10-minute yoga for beginners” or dial down to exactly what you want to find.
- Here is a big list of FREE streaming workouts online from Chron.com.
Our Galleria apartments are only 3.4 miles away from Memorial Park, which offers great running, walking and bike trails and so much more. Of course, please continue practicing social distancing while outside walking your dog or around the neighborhood.
Workout Your Brain
If you want to do something to stimulate your brain during the quarantine, try taking an online class or a few. Right now there are 450 Ivy League classes being offered for FREE – check out this Travel & Leisure article sharing details and links.
There are also all kinds of YouTube tutorials and videos, like learning how to change a car tire or something else that may come in handy. The best part about YouTube is that it’s free and easy to search for things of interest (i.e. baking, automotive, new languages, learning makeup tips and hacks and more!).
You can also download adult coloring pages and print them for free here.
Here is another list of 100 things you can do in your quarantine time.
If you’re looking for a new Houston Galleria apartment, we invite you to take our Galleria apartment virtual tour or call us at 713.627.1000 to ask about our current leasing specials and availability. We have a few homes available for immediate move-in and look forward to sharing what life at 1900 Yorktown is like.