Keeping a clean home should always be top of mind, but it’s probably got your attention now more than ever. Hand sanitizer, disinfectant and CDC suggested cleaning tips have been on everyone’s radars since March for good reason. We wanted to share some of the best cleaning tips we found and have tried ourselves to help keep your Galleria apartments clean.
Our team at 1900 Yorktown takes immense pride in how clean our Galleria apartment community is, but inside your apartment may be a different story, so here are a few of our favorite cleaning hacks to help you out:
9 Reminders And Hacks To Ensure You Have A Clean Galleria Apartment
- Before you get started, read the fine print on your cleaning products. Many experts suggest this as their #1 cleaning tip, as some require you to spray or leave the product on the area for 5-10 minutes before wiping off for effective cleaning.
- Don’t forget to wipe down and spray doorknobs, light switches and remote controls on a regular basis. Consider these tips from Real Simple for cleaning your TV remotes: “To de-germ your TV remote control, first remove the batteries. Then use a clean cloth dipped in 70 percent isopropyl alcohol to wipe down the remote and use a Q-Tip to carefully clean the buttons. Make sure the remote is completely dry before replacing the batteries.”
- When you are cleaning the kitchen and bathroom counters, don’t forget the faucets.
- Make sure to wipe down your cell phones, iPads, tablets and laptop keyboards on a regular basis as well. According to this Real Simple article, “Considering how often we reach for our phones, it’s no surprise that a2012 study by the University of Arizona found that cell phones have more germs than toilet seats. Yuck! To deep-clean your phone without risking water damage, follow our instructions from a pro. Keep your hands clean, wipe down the surface with an antibacterial microfiber cloth, and spray cleansers onto a cloth rather than directly onto the screen to prevent damage. Remove the case and wipe it with a clean cloth dipped in 70-percent isopropyl alcohol, then let it dry.
- Wipe down your microwave and kitchen cabinets regularly too, for spills and other germs that you can’t see. Try deodorizing your microwave by heating a mug of water with a lemon wedge, then wiping down all sides of the microwave.
- Clean the inside of your refrigerator and freezer every month, making sure to wipe down everything and throw out old food.
- Check the tags on your pillows (on your bed, guest bed, and décor pillows) and wash or dry-clean them every few months (be sure to read the cleaning instructions). Follow these great tips for washing your pillows.
- Most mattresses need to be flipped or rotated regularly, so use that time to run the vacuum over your mattress every 3-6 months (trust us on this one!).
You can also make your own cleaning supplies like an easy kitchen cleaner and deodorizer (using 4 tablespoons baking soda and 1 quart warm water) if you run out or your local store doesn’t have any, and get more DIY cleaning recipes here.
You may want to set a monthly or bi-weekly reminder on your phone when it’s time for your regular cleaning to help keep you on track, and be sure to check out this post on hacks to deep clean your apartment.
Stop by our Galleria apartments this week and check out our amazing summer leasing specials before they’re gone or call us at 713.627.1000. You can also take our Galleria apartments virtual tour to see our beautiful and clean community and check out our Houston Galleria apartment floor plans.